- A good UPS for the computers (check),
- spike protection for major electronics (check),
- candles & matches (check),
- LED flashlights (check),
- an old-school phone that plugs into the wall (check),
- no more cardboard boxes (in process),
- properly adjusted & tested back-up sump pump (check), and
- more than a little patience.
Due to moving things around in a mild panic during the flooding, I can't find much at the moment; pretty much everything is now in opaque plastic bins. Labelling is about to begin - if I can remember where the labelling materials went.
Luck or fate? I don't really care at this point - tardiness appears to be its own reward. Maybe I can salvage some workable raw material.